Old 08-06-2003, 08:08 PM
Repeating Decimal

Default Tomato experiment

in article , Brian Watson at
wrote on 6/8/03 12:30 AM:

I am now setting growers outside the greenhouse. Although I have not
harvested tomatoes from them yet, the do not have the same mold/mildew
problems.

Then it does seem to be a humidity problem..

What's the problem with incoming insects? Do you get a flying pest problem
where you are?

I guess what I do not want is an infestation of tomato or tobacco horn
worms. Nevertheless, now that you have planted that idea in my mind, that
may be a reasonable solution.

What I do not understand, is: why should that problem be so severe now when
it wasn't the previous year?

I think I will let my experiment run another week or two before opening the
door. That will give me an idea if I am watering too much or not.

Bill