Old 08-06-2003, 10:20 PM
DaveDay34

Default Mulching or Multiclip Mowers

I love my mulcher.
But, ........ it will only work satisfactorily if you are prepared to
mow regularly.
If the grass gets too long, unless you crawl round the lawn at slow
speed, you will be left with clippings on the lawn surface. That in
itself is not a disaster if you are prepared to go over the whole lawn
again - but it begins to get tiresome. You can also adjust height of
cut to achieve the same result.

You do have to keep the cutting deck pan clean otherwise the build up
of clippings will prevent the multi-clipping action.

Despite what many dismal jimmies will tell you I have not experienced
any build up of lawn 'thatch' due to the multi-clipped clippings, and
I have been mulching now for seven years.

Mine is a 'Bolens' 12.5HP mulcher but, without experience of any other
brand, I can't make any claims about how it rates in its class. It has
started first time since the day I got it.

--
ned

Ned,

I don't want to start an arguement, but I think you disagreed with what I said
if not all of what I said (?).

Dave.