Old 08-06-2003, 11:32 PM
Ray @ First Rays Orchids

Default Fertelizer cocktails

In addition to it being unwise to mix chemicals without knowing of potential
reaction, the preventive use of fungicides and insecticides can lead to the
growth of resistant strains. Your best bet is to avoid using them until you
see a problem. You can probably get by with a few home remedies (check the
URL below, under free info) unless you get into a mass invasion.

Superthrive is no problem unless you're using too much, in which case you'll
be likely to see deformed flowers.

--

Ray Barkalow First Rays Orchids
http://www.firstrays.com

"Barry" wrote in message
When I fertelize it's not uncommon for me to add in fungacide,

superthrive,
wisk or sometimes pesticides.

Wondering if this is common or if the mixtures could do harm or counteract
each other.