Old 09-06-2003, 04:44 AM
John S. DeBoo

Default Grass buildup on mower deck

Bud Paulson wrote:

Thanks John - I'd never thought of directing a stream of water into the whirling blades or running water on
the ground below the deck. Obviously one would want to keep a safe distance from the chute and make sure no
one else is around. I'll give it a try. Bud

If you're uncomfortable with running it in the chute try directing the water from a nozzle at the opening
anywhere around the edge of the mower (btwn mower and ground). With a small nozzle it puts out lots of pressure
and the water gets under the mower. FWIW, if you're doing this on a concrete driveway, wet the driveway first
where the water will drain off or it may slightly stain your concrete greenG.

--
John S. DeBoo