Old 09-06-2003, 05:56 AM
Charles

Default Bugs on water lilies

On Mon, 09 Jun 2003 04:30:31 GMT, (Laura )
wrote:

The last few weeks I've had a lot of small, blackish bugs (about the
size of gnats) on my the water lily pads. I have been rinsing the
leaves off in pond water and they come off, but they come back in a
few hours. My first guess would be aphids but they are a lot smaller
than the aphids I would get on other plants such as roses. I had to
get a magnifying glass to see these guys well. Any ideas as to what
these little bugs are and what to do about them? They seemed to
appear or become more prevalent when the weather turned cool and
cloudy, although that could just be coincidence.

Thanks,
Laura

Zone 9 or 10 - So. Calif

On mine, they are aphids. Washing them into the water is probably the
safest thing to do.

zone 8 or 9 or 10 or 11, So. Cal is mixed up.

Sunset 21.

_

- Charles
-