Old 09-06-2003, 07:08 AM
*muffin*

Default lily pots??

I know this has probably been talked to death on here, but somewhere I
missed it.

just what kind of pots DO you use for tropical lilies? I 'was' going to just
get the square containers the ponds place sells ( the basketweave type),,
line it with burlap & put the soil in that.. BUT I read someone on here
saying how BAD!!?? they are?

I used to use tubs, but the soil smelled sooo yucky after the season, &
thought the water flow around the pot would help keep it all from
stagnating...
((I used a clothes basket with burlap for my hardys,, too late now to change
'em))plus I have a gazillion in my other pond to replace them with
I have been waiting for this dang COLD weather to quit,, my pond has
barely come up from 55 to 63,, (finally) this weekend,, I WANNA get my
tropicals IN before the plant place sells out the ones I want.. **sniffle**
(some of my water hyacinths turned brown & mushy........ had to be the
cold??)