Old 09-06-2003, 10:57 AM
Shirl

Default Lavender transplanting tips please

"Mike" wrote in message
In article , Paul Kelly p.g.kelly
@btinternetREMOVETHIS.com writes

I'd cut back the plant taking off the flowers and new soft growth - DO

NOT
cut back into the woody growth. Sacrifice this years flowers for next

year.

and stick some of those bits in the ground, especially the smaller newer
bits. 'Tear' a bit off the branch it is attached to, so it has a 'heel'
and then stick that in the ground.

By doing this, 'some' will strike and you will have new plants from old
just in case big'un does keel over and pokes its roots in the air :-(
RIP

"I" can take lavender cuttings so it must be simple ;-}

Mike
(Getting Green Fingers through reading urg)

------
Forthcoming reunions.
British Pacific Fleet Hayling Island Sept 5th - 8th
Castle Class Corvettes Assn. Isle of Wight. Oct 3rd - 6th.
R.N. Trafalgar Weekend Leamington Spa. Oct 10th - 13th. Plus many more

Thanks to you too Mike, will do as you instructed.

Oooh I can feel a gardening addiction starting up..... pass me a spade!

Shirl