Old 09-06-2003, 11:32 AM
Gareee©

Default New pond residents question...

"John Hines" wrote in message
"Gareee?" wrote:

"John Hines" wrote in message
.. .
"Gareee?" wrote:

There are actually 4 watersources.. one runoff overflow, one spring,

and
then below the pond, two more springs.

From what we've seen in the last 7 months, the springs never dry up..

and
never did many years ago, because if used to be part of a farm the

used
the
springs as water sources for the animals...

What is the water temp? If it is low enough, grow trout!

Koi like deep water, as long as you can make your pool deep enough for
them, you should be ok

I really didn't have my heart set on Koi, but some kinda fish would be

nice.

Koi is a big fish when grown, they are gonna be close to a foot thick
when fully grown.

.Actually, there are many trout farms nearby.. but don't they need a

larger
pond? I'm thinking 10' by 15" or so... could be larger, and from

experience,
larger is what you want next year...Might make it as much as 4-5 feet

deep..
the grader will dig it out for me!

4-5 feet deep is fine, but 15 inches is too shallow.

That should have read 10' by 15' and then 4-5 ft deep

--
Gareee©
Homepage: