Old 09-06-2003, 04:08 PM
dalecochoy

Default [IBC] Requiem

----- Original Message -----
From: "p.aradi"
Subject: [IBC] Requiem

Yesterday was burrial day!!!
We had trees numbering just under 100 when we left.
Yesterday and today I had to empty and clean-up
42 pots and containers that had dead trees in them.
We lost roughly half of our trees, all but one of them
were conifers. Fortunately our larger conifers survived.

That's very upsetting Peter. It is not uncommon to get that "Why do I
bother?" feeling either once in a while. I often do now when I have a nasty
firing. It's double upsetting when it happens with firing AND a few trees!
Years ago ( a bunch of years) I used to keep track of "deaths" and a list of
trees. costs, etc.. My friend told me not to do that. He was right. It's
better not to dwell on it, but just make mental note if a death was due to
something you did for sure.
I'm wondering, did you have a "tree sitter"/ who was competent at their
care and ( equally important) gave a hoot?
Dale

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++