Old 09-06-2003, 04:56 PM
Bill Oliver

Default garden police gone wild?

In article ,
Vox Humana wrote:

I don't agree that in general, people don't have alternatives in housing. I
also don't think that the public is generally dissatisfied with the
covenants and restrictions associated with property in common interest
development.

Of course you don't. We will have to agree to disagree. I will add,
however, that we could be having the *exact* same argument, with the
*exact* same positions 50 years ago regarding race restrictions. Those
who favored restrictive covenants based on race also said that there
were plenty of places to live, and ******s could just go somewhere
else. And, those who favored race-based restrictive covenants could
also point to their overwhelming popularity. That didn't make
them right.

They were wrong regarding race and regarding the wealth of
alternatives. You are wrong regarding covenants in general
and regarding the wealth of alternatives.

billo