Old 09-06-2003, 05:44 PM
Bill Oliver

Default garden police gone wild?

In article ,
Julia Green wrote:

"Vox Humana" wrote in message
You said:
"Each little neighborhood in M.V. has its own little HOA and there
are a ton of little neighborhoods in M.V."

I see some areas where I live like that. There is an area with several
neighborhoods and each has a HOA. This is not the rule however. What is
more common here is for a mixture of neighborhoods. Some have HOAs and

some
don't.

Oh, right. Montgomery Village is a very large planned community (sort of
like the nearby Columbia, MD, the granddaddy of planned communities) and so
planning and control is their thing. HOAs are a given for every
neighborhood in M.V.

Heh. That reminds me of one of my favorite Montgomery Village stories.
I own a Ford Ranger pickup with a shell over the bed. One night I went
to a party in MV which lasted well into the night. A week or so later,
I got a very nasty letter from some homeowners association nazi telling
me that it was against homeowners association rules for pickups to be
parked in the area at night, and if they caught me there again they would
have me ticketed and towed. Of course, the SUVs were fine, as were the
junker sedans.

I couldn't help but wonder how they would have handled a
Chevy Avalanche. It's OK -- no it's not -- it's OK -- no it's not.
The HOA nazi must be having a tizzy fit.

billo