Old 09-06-2003, 09:10 PM
Victoria Clare

Default 4 mystery plants - help please!

ojunk (GoldDustRhiannon) wrote in
:

Would love to know what these plants are. Any ideas anyone???

http://www.members.aol.com/golddustr...Whatsthis1.jpg
This one seems to be a tree cutting - I tries to get a bit of the bark
on the photo

OK - my wild guess is that it's a really healthy forsythia. I'm basing
this on the texture of the bark and the paired leaves. The stems and
leaves are usually a bit yellower, but I've got one where they are that
darker colour, and they do take easily from cuttings.

http://www.members.aol.com/golddustr...Whatsthis2.jpg
This is a really bad photo but if you go to the bottom its a bit
clearer. It has an unusual smell when the leaves are crushed. Its
about 2 ft and it wasn't there lastyear.

feverfew, I'd guess, like everyone else.

http://www.members.aol.com/golddustr...Whatsthis3.jpg
This one comes up every year but I've never noticed any flowers on it.
It grows about 2-3ft

If Kay's wrong and it's not a peony, I'd guess some sort of damp-loving
buttercup or marsh marigold type thing. What's the soil like around there?

These identifications are worth what you paid for them ;-)

Victoria