Old 09-06-2003, 10:20 PM
Zizz

Default Suggestions for replacing my eucalyptus

"David Hill" wrote in message
Well if you want something a little different, why not think of some of

the
"Tree" cotoneaster's

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Already have a cotoneaster training up a part of the fence and am not too
keen on the plant!

I've had a look at the small trees and they seem to be in the region of
20-30 feet rather than 10-20 feet apart from the acer palmatums which
wouldn't do well in a sunny, windy site, so I'm starting to look at
medium/large shrubs now
I don't want something with spines/thorns!
I do want something that can be trained similar to a tree or where the lower
branches can be cut out to lift the plant and bring a little light to plants
underneath and that has foliage that won't blend into my green fencing!
I think I might be asking too much here.Of the eucalypts that appeal as a
replacement for my sad looking one the following have potential:

Eucalyptus debeuzevillei (Jounama Snow Gum)

/me - sighs!