Old 09-06-2003, 10:56 PM
Julia Green

Default garden police gone wild?

"paghat" wrote in message
but for Vox it seems to have been a conscious lie
reinforced by further lying, including the inference that Montgomery
Village per se has a "ton" of little neighborhoods all run by HOAs. Unless
she means even one condo easily weighs more than a ton, then she's just
lying, though from a liar's point of view saying "tons of" is so
non-specific she can make up anything at random thereafter, & pretend it's
not EXACTLY a lie.

I referred to "a ton" of little neighborhoods. I confess I was not
distinguishing between HOAs and developer corporations. When I lived there,
most of the condo and townhouse neighborhoods were mixed between owned and
rented. I just assumed they were all run by HOAs. When we lived in a
neighborhood of single-family colonials, we had neighbors who seemed to
delight in, as I said, skulking around, looking for violations.