Old 10-06-2003, 01:08 AM
TU

Default Sad news, good news and questions all in one message

"Boystrup Pb, ann,..." wrote in message t.be...

* Also I fell in love with an orchid last Christmas. A thelymitra variegata
208 and 199 from Australia. If there has ever been an orchid with a perfect
colour it must be a Thelymitra. If I could just live in Australia!!!!!
I found the pic's on the orchid mall. Now ever sinds I have contacted
several growers in Europe and one in Australia. But none of them has ever
had or seen this orchid. Please if anyone knows were I might be able to find
one without braking any laws, tell me, please, please, please.
Peter

Oh yes, Thelymitra variegata!
What I find annoying about Thelymitra is that they only bloom when the
day is warm and the sun is shining. No sun = no bloom. Also the leaves
die off after blooming which means you have no orchid to look at until
the next autumn/winter when the growth cycle starts again with the
onset of autumn / winter rain.

Check out this link:
http://farrer.riv.csu.edu.au/ASGAP/APOL19/sep00-1.html

There's also an email address at the bottom of the page, perhaps you
can get some assistance there.

Good luck with your search.
Tong