Old 10-06-2003, 01:20 AM
Queen

Default Annuals?

I love annuals. I have a container garden on the balcony and use annuals
almost exclusively. I especially love those new guinea impatiens.

I find the selection of perrenials overwhelming. You never really know what
you're going to get. I find the plant hard to picture strictly from the
tag. Which makes it hard to make good combinations. I've started to
experiment with some of the most basic perrenials. But, even the basic ones
only have a limited bloom period. And you have to wait several years for
blooming. Yes, stunning when they bloom, but I've had to wait 3-4 years to
get a decent show out of a bunch of daylillies!

I prefer the instant gratification of annuals. Never claimed I was a
patient woman.

S.

"Bill Spohn" wrote in message
I noticed a question about annuals in another thread, and it got me

wondering
about whether I am the odd one out in having an almost exclusively

perennial
garden.

I just don't have time to spend on setting out annuals every year, as my
gardening hours are already over-subscribed by other more pressing matters
(weeding, mowing, carving out new beds etc.)

Other than a few favourite annuals, I just don't bother much with them any
more. Are there others who do the same?

Bill
Vancouver