Old 10-06-2003, 01:08 PM
Rick McGreal

Default What to do with soil from potatoes

Kay Easton wrote in
:

Can I simply bung a plant in there?
Or will the soil be drained of nutrients?

Not drained, but you might need to fertilise the plants

Right....In that case I'll leave that Idea.....

Should I bung it straight on my compost heap?

Can do, but there are better uses.

Thought there would be!

I have some potatoes groing in the ground aswell....
Can I put it straight on those?

Yes (provided your pot grown potatoes were healthy and disease free)

They seem fine...No discolouration or anything....
All seems good and healthy

Or use it as a mulch to improve a small patch of soil elsewhere.

I'll do this then....
I have a couple of small areas that could do with a little adding to to
raise the level of the bed if nothing else...

Thanks