Old 10-06-2003, 03:56 PM
Nick Gray

Default Koi pond leaking - any views?

"Drakanthus" wrote in message
2) Drain, then fit a pond liner into the nice neat hole
2) sounds better but I am worried about placing liner in a cement-lined
hole. I once saw rain get between liner and the wall of the pond.

The best solution would be to fix the leak, but how you go about finding

the
leak I haven't got a clue.

If the hole is in the side of the pond and you stop refilling it, the water
level should settle just below the leak. Then you can look around the pond
just above the water surface.

This is what I had to do with my pond last year.

If all the water drains out, then you know you've got a hole in the bottom.
So make sure you keep an eye on it as it's draining and remove any fish if
it gets too low.

BTW if the hole is in the bottom of the pond then dying the water isn't
going show up, unless you dig under the pond.

HTH

Cheers

Nick