Old 10-06-2003, 04:08 PM
Theo Asir

Default black roses question

Sure is amazing what you find growing even
in a city suburb. I have spotted the following
growing in various spots in KC. R. Arkansana,
R. Nutkana, R. Setigera, R. Laevigata and
my find of finds R. Ptercantha no less growing
in a church side lot incredibly, doing amazingly
well too.

So does r. setigera nice looking in person? Or a typical species, not
really that good? The only species rose I really want to grow some day
is r. soulieana.

Setigera tends to sprawl a bit. Also
suckers like crazy. It believes in walking
across the nation.

It gets high 6' +. It very popular for
weekend cottages in the Ozarks 'cos
of its loong bloom cycle May to July
in some cases.

Last month I planted Soulieana, Eglanteria
Glauca, Mulliganii & Brunonii on my friends
farmhouse. She is battling the rabbits right now.

--
Theo in Zone 5
Kansas City