Old 10-06-2003, 05:08 PM
Julia Green

Default just when you think its dead...

"DigitalVinyl" wrote in message
I had a mail order clematis that was DOA. the little growth on it
died within days of arrival. To add insult to injury, after that it
got knocked over twice. The second time snapping the stem almost at
ground level. The shipper had replaced with a healthy one in the
meantime. I had given up on the the first and left the pot in the
corner of the porch with other supplies. As I walked past this
morning I spotted four green leaves poking out of the dirt. I didn't
water it for almost two weeks and at most it got a few minutes of
morning sun when it is low enough in the sky to reach under the porch.
I'm amazed it came back to life.

Clematis can be amazing in their ability to arise from the dead s. I
planted one next to a trellis over the door to my garden shed. My silly
hound dog dug a huge hole right where I'd planted it. That was 2 years ago
and that clematis is now starting to climb its way up the trellis.