Old 10-06-2003, 05:08 PM
Drakanthus

Default Koi pond leaking - any views?

If the hole is in the side of the pond and you stop refilling it, the
water
level should settle just below the leak. Then you can look around the pond
just above the water surface.

Nick

When my pond liner had a slow leak a couple of years ago I tried that but
just couldn't see it anywhere. Trouble with a slow leak is that you only
need the smallest pin prick to lose the water and finding it is nigh on
impossible. I think my mistake was buying a cheap polythene liner from B&Q.
It came tightly folded in a bag - the corners looked overstretched, plus it
was very thin and flimsy. I ended up replacing it with a better quality
liner cut off the roll from a reputable aquarist. Since then I've also set
up a second pond and used Butyl - much better quality, strong and flexible.
I understand it is also repairable - if you can find the leak :-)

--
Drakanthus.

(Spam filter: Include the word VB anywhere in the subject line or emails
will never reach me.)