Old 10-06-2003, 05:20 PM
anton

Default Suggestions for replacing my eucalyptus

Kay Easton wrote in message ...
In article , Zizz
writes

That is just one species of cotoneaster - there are others! Try also
Viburnums.

I do want something that can be trained similar to a tree or where the

lower
branches can be cut out to lift the plant and bring a little light to

plants
underneath and that has foliage that won't blend into my green fencing!

Amelenchier? Bronze young foliage, very light foliage, good flowers in
spring, berries in autumn. Don't know how it'd feel about the site (I'm
not casting doubt, I just don't know)

They are lovely, but tough. The cold winds here before the
trees and hedges started sheltering one another gave a hard
time to a few species, but the amelanchiers never hesitated.
They do try to become a shrub, though I have successfullly decided that one
of them has become a tree.

--
Anton