Old 10-06-2003, 06:44 PM
Jim W

Default Suggestions for replacing my eucalyptus

Zizz wrote:

I think my best bet is to stand similar sized plants - the cotoneaster and
the snow gum - alongside each other and then trust my instincts!
The only real thing that the cotoneaster has going for it are the berries
.... do the birds like them? .. the main thing against is ... green leaves!!
I must visit a garden centre!

Some of them are actually grey on the underside,.. once it gets above
shrub size you'll see that to a degree.

Make note of types you like then take a look around, use google images
to check pictures of that type etc..

I'd recommend Eucalyptus.co.uk purely for their excellent information in
their catalogue/guide. even if you don't buy anything from them its
worth having a copy.
The other good ref (if you want to be cheeky) that is useful is the
Lappen catalogue.. I think I actually owe them a few Euro's for that
one... Ooops!-)
///
Jim