Old 10-06-2003, 07:08 PM
The Devil's Advocate

Default Gooseberrys

On ours it's really fascinating to watch if you haven't netted them. They
just seem to crash land into the bush with all those thorns and remain
unhurt. The bushes ended up a bit broken down and the pigeons got their fill
of the fruit. Nowadays they don't get a look in. As for the potash, well I
used to use sulphate of potash, s few handfulls but nowadays I just use a
general chicken pellet manure and it seems to do the trick just as well

Barnze wrote:
: Anyone got any tips on getting a good crop from Gooseberries?
: New plants in this season and I am looking for a good crop next year..
: Cheers Barnze

Robert