Old 10-06-2003, 08:20 PM
Lynsey A

Default new plants! name?..

Hi,

I bought a couple of new plants today but there was no name on one and the
other name was a bit iffy!

The one with the name was apparently called a "yam yam". Anybody heard of
this?- scientific name?
It is a small (bout5-10cm tall) plant, 3 shovel shaped leaves (like a mini
lilly), more yellow in the center of the leave to green at the outside. Any
ideas? I dont have a digital camera to take a pic of them.

The second ont in more a mid-ground plant, its very distinctive, leaves long
and this, and kind of relly crinkly, *very* purple underside and green upper
leaves.

Sorry if my descriptions arent very good!
So any ideas what they are?

Thanks,
Lynsey.