Old 10-06-2003, 10:44 PM
Bob Adkins

Default Is this a pond newsgroup...?

On 10 Jun 2003 15:23:24 GMT, ESPMER (K30a) wrote:

There are some big pond posters who show up, not as regular as us smaller
ponders. I have a 3,000 gallon and 800 gallon bog.

But we all DREAM of bigger ponds and the acreage to have them ;-)

Well, things aren't that peachy with a bigger pond. They're a real pain to
dig. I'm burning to a crisp on my tractor. 4.5 million gallons of water is
hard to come by in dry years. Liability worries are nagging at me. I will be
forced to put up "Posted, Keep Out" signs. Trash fish getting in can be a
disaster. Oxygen levels can get very low when algae crashes. I had to buy a
60,000 GPH pump just to keep it dry during the construction phase. Mowing
the levees is not going to be fun. It's like mowing a football field mostly
leaning on a 40* angle. All of this because my wife and I love to fish.

Those little ponds are sounding better all the time. :-)

Bob