Old 10-06-2003, 11:32 PM
Thalocean2

Default Starbucks Fertilizer

This probably isn't a whole lot of help but if you search the archives for this
group you'll find a thread about coffee grounds. Someone posted some pretty
good information about coffee grounds not having much left in the way of
nutrients because they'd all been leached out. Still makes your garden smell
nice though. And adds some bulk to your soil I suppose.

Laura B.

I used to go by the local Starbucks daily, politely inquiring about
the offer. The answer was always, "Sorry, we just gave away our last
bag." After a while it became, "You again?" Yes, it's me again! I
still haven't got my #&@!^!)( grounds!

There is another thread along these lines (on a Composting message
board) where I spell out my sob story, but the bottom line is that I
am not impressed. The corporation has done the right thing with the
idea, but there is no mandate to the local stores to do this, and that
translates to "do it if you feel like it." Tell that to a teenager
that serves $5 cups of coffee for a living, and whay would you expect?

It's surprising because other stores that serve coffee and do not
advertise anything of the sort go out of their way to give you used
grounds when you ask for them.