Old 11-06-2003, 12:44 AM
animaux

Default hard packed soil (clay)

On Tue, 10 Jun 2003 17:13:29 GMT, "Travis"
wrote:

I don't know about gypsum but I have heard that clay+sand=cement.

I thought that at one time, also. Then I learned from someone who used to post
here often (Don Chappman) who said that sand in the proper amount would not make
cement (concrete actually, since its made up of cement and aggregate). The
original poster said he used a lot of sand, not a bag or two in a square
(10'x10').

Gypsum in the pelletized form does help to loosen and mellow tight clay soils,
but I go back the original question and will say that proper moisture levels in
soil is paramount when trying to loosen it.

Victoria