Old 11-06-2003, 01:20 AM
Travis

Default hard packed soil (clay)

Carl e Roberts wrote:
Actually the sand is a good thing in that it will mix with the clay
and help its breakup allowing additional organic matter to be more
easily introduced.. Also worked wonders for the draingage of my yard
(we are on the receiving end of a slight slope in our neighborhood).
My neighbor has standing water after a heavy rain-I have green grass..

If you are adding TONS of organic matter at the same time the end result
"may" not be cement, but it will take LOTS of organic matter.

USDA Zone 8b
Sunset Zone 5