Old 11-06-2003, 01:32 AM
Me

Default preventing rust.

Southern California has had a 65 degree weather, humidity, and steady
drizzle.

Three weeks ago I trimmed all my roses back because of rust, and they are
growing back well.

I didn't use any chemicals, and I don't see any rust coming back.
However, since it's been damp, I'm wondering if I should spray them as a
preventative measure. I bought the Ortho Orthonex spray.
Would this be a wise thing to do?

If so, I'm curious about a few things. What time of day to spray it? I
assume I need to find a time when the leaves are dry (they've been getting
drizzled on for 20 hours a day recently). And do I spray everything,
including the branches, or just the leaves?

Thanks for feedback.