Old 11-06-2003, 03:56 AM
John Rutz

Default Koi Food Survey

zookeeper wrote:
Okay, I've googled rec.ponds and related web sites until my eyes are
blurry!!! Trying to find a concensus on what to feed our pond pigs, aka
koi. So I thought I'd try a newsgroup survey. If everyone can just
indicate the brand of food they feed, and maybe the first 3 or 4
ingredients and/or protein percentage.

I've fed mostly Wardley's koi food for six years, but the recipe seems
to have changed, and the price has skyrocketed. I'm now looking at
Miracle Koi Food because the first four ingredients are fish based. Any
one else using Miracle Koi Food (by Clearwater)?
--
Kathy B, zookeeper
3500gal pond, 13 pond pigs

--
I m feeding Mazuri Koi pellets by Purina
mainly because of the price roughly $20 for 20 lbs

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico

good judgement comes from bad experience, and that comes from bad
judgement

see my pond at:

http://www.fuerjefe.com