Old 11-06-2003, 04:20 AM
Ann in Houston

Default algeacide ?

Well, if you are referring to the age-old wisdom we've all relied on for
years, then yeah. The main component of all that has usually been plants.
My koi are now of a size and number such that the plants don't stand a
chance. They can strip a parrot feather stem so that it resembles spinach
spaghetti. Of course, there is always shade, but that is an issue that I am
trying to circumvent since DH is willing to block all visibility of the pond
to accomplish it. I am trying to get around the need for it. I have to
admit, I didn't expect to see anything new, other than googling for
"algeacide", so I just wrote the question. Now, I am seeing others refer to
the kind of algea that we have this time, that we never had before. The
clumping, rising, scummy kind. I am reading those threads with interest.
"K30a" wrote in message

I wouldn't use a chemical solution in 2000 gallons.
Have you seen the algae tips?

k30a