Old 11-06-2003, 04:56 AM
John T. Jarrett

Default Need Advice on Selling Collection of Large Plants

Since I killed my 8' Ficus, I would just about kill to get another. Income
level being what it is, my wife would then kill me when I walked in the door
with a plant that costs more than an insurance payment :) That puts me in
the group of guys that want them free.

So I guess you are right. Probably not the best year to be trying it either.
A couple years ago before the kid got Diabetes and I was making $50K+ --
well, I'd have already asked you what your inventory was.

But nostalgia just withers on the vine.

I could trade computer consulting, deck building, design work, gardening,
tree limb removal, a website with your own email server and domain name and
photo album...

But then again, I was given three six foot citrus trees in 20 & 30 gallon
pots...and missed last Thanksgiving in Dallas after I threw my back out
getting them to the garage before some mid-November freeze. Tell yah, that's
pretty bad missing a whole weekend of fresh food someone else cooked!

I would suggest posting a list to the group with or without prices...you
might get some offers. There's the austin.forsale newsgroup as well where
that would be more appropriate, but not sure if you would get any results
there.

Good luck,
John

"Dan Lawyer" wrote in message
Thanks for the great and very true post. I also found that lots of folks
don't have a problem with big plants, when they can get them for free, or
dirt cheap. About all they want to pay is the trouble it is to come and

get
them.

Dan