Old 11-06-2003, 06:08 AM
Repeating Decimal

Default Tomato experiment

in article , Jan Flora at
wrote on 6/10/03 4:41 PM:

In article ,
wrote:

On Sat, 07 Jun 2003 03:00:43 GMT, Repeating Decimal

wrote
in rec.gardens.edible:

In the morning, there sometimes are water droplets on the leaves. Can that
be the problem.

snip

You need good air circulation to avoid the sort of problems you're having.
Open
the door. Open the vents. Let the plants breathe!

I am doing that now. For whatever reason, the problems are much worse this
year than last.

If you aren't letting bugs get in to pollinate the 'maters, you'll need to
tap on the
stems once in awhile, so they'll pollinate. (I tap mine once or twice a day.)

The first year, I did that, since then, even though I do not tap on a
regular basis, pollination does not appear to be a problem.

I just ordered a book from the bookstore called "Greenhouse Gardener's
Companion."
All of the reviews raved about it. I'll report back as soon as I pick it up.

I am looking forward to that.

Bill