Old 11-06-2003, 12:20 PM
Hal

Default Fescue in Mid-South GA?

On 10 Jun 2003 21:53:06 -0700, (brianb) wrote:

Centipede is another choice. My reason for thinking fescue would be
better is that fescue supposedly does better in the shade.

Never tried fescue, but I understand it works better in slightly cooler
temperatures. I do have Centipede and Charleston/St Augustine.
Centipede works well in full sun and Charleston works well in the part
sun areas. I have a mix growing on the North side of the house and the
stronger grows over the weaker, depending on the light. I try to favor
the Centipede because it takes less water than Charleston, but Centipede
gets run over in the shade.

About clay, simply means you must water slowly so the water will soak
into the ground and not run off unused. I have some clay spots and
slight grades that tend to run off quickly, so I set the timer to water
lightly twice in two hours instead of once in one hour.

Regards,

Hal Warner Robins, Ga