Old 11-06-2003, 12:44 PM
Pam Moore

Default Cuttings from wild berries

On Wed, 11 Jun 2003 09:55:22 +0100, "Colin Davidson"
wrote:

I'm inquiring into getting an allotment (rapidly outgrowing the little
garden), and amongst other things I want to grow gooseberries,
blackcurrants, white currants and red currants. Fortunately, we have wild
patches of all of those growing locally, so it seems obvious that a good way
of getting plants is to take cuttings.

I have successfully taken cuttings of red and blackcurrants, by
sticking pieces in a pot of soil in Autumn and just leaving them to
root. Can be done in open ground also. Be sure the fruit produced
this year by these "wild" plants is worth the effort.

Pam in Bristol