Old 11-06-2003, 02:44 PM
Tim

Default Cuttings from wild berries

On Wed, 11 Jun 2003 14:27:06 +0100, Victoria Clare
wrote:

Tim wrote in
newsprqltloacwxhha1@localhost:

It is no more damaging than taking cuttings for any plants that
sucker, such as raspberries. And it isn't very effective for
plants that don't! I didn't know that redcurrants suckered but,
if one does, it is a perfectly respectable method. Probably
illegal, of course.

Well, the ones in my garden don't produce the classic suckers like
raspberries do, or at least not as obviously,

They don't sucker exactly, but they do reproduce if you don't keep them
in order. Mine were neglected for many years, and they grew great long
arms that bent over and rooted at the tips.

Mine look like they're going to do that next year - they are pretty old and
came with the house I bought last year, I'd better get snipping later.
Tim.