Old 11-06-2003, 03:44 PM
Christopher Hamel

Default Starbucks Fertilizer

(Thalocean2) wrote in message ...
This probably isn't a whole lot of help but if you search the archives for this
group you'll find a thread about coffee grounds. Someone posted some pretty
good information about coffee grounds not having much left in the way of
nutrients because they'd all been leached out. Still makes your garden smell
nice though. And adds some bulk to your soil I suppose.

Laura B.

No, actually it is help. I love the archives. The archives taught me
that the thing I though was a cute little yellow version of a ladybug
was actually an evil beast that killed my cucumber crop (all three
plants). I should taken action rather than thinking it was just
snacking on aphids... Arrrgh! My poor cucumer plants!

I realize this is probably poppycock, but I am told that earthworms
are fond of coffee grounds. If that is true, then even if they are
not as nutrient-rich as most believe, then they would be of some
value.

And admittedly, as repulsive as I find the beverage, I admit the
grounds do smell nice.