Old 11-06-2003, 06:20 PM
Doug Kanter

Default Sowbugs!?

In 20-ish years of gardening, I have never seen a sowbug damage ANY plant.
Are you absolutely positive they were eating your marigold? Marigold's tend
to be pretty trouble-free.

In any case, forget the insecticide until you've observed MUCH more closely.
Some years, the bugs win. If your livelihood depended on bug-free crops, the
situation might be different.

-Doug

"Buzzy" wrote in message
.. .
Hi All,
Well after giving the slugs a party or two with my beer traps, I
went out last night to hunt for the 'non-partiers' after noticing that
my marigold transplants were still being munched on. I found about 4
slugs and then I took a really good look at one of my marigolds with the
flashlight. There, covering one poor transplant, was sowbugs, lots and
lots of them!! Boy, was I surprised.
I have sprayed a garden insecticide but would like a more
'friendly' solution. Any ideas?

Thanks
Buzzy

--