Old 05-02-2003, 12:44 AM
hermine stover

Default Avocado Plant

On Thu, 30 Jan 2003 16:51:53 GMT, "mt2"
wrote:

I believe an avocado plant needs to grow into a large tree before it bears
fruit, not sure about this.

"David DeMar" wrote in message
m...
I am interested in growing an avocado plant indoors. My question is, what

do
I have to do for the plant to be able to bear fruit?

Avocados make terrible houseplants, although they are irresistible to
germinate because of that PIT. However even in California and Florida,
they are highly specialized crop plants and require "management" in
order to grow fruit. they also need all the footcandles of the full
sun. I have never seen one grown indoors which resembled the ones
outdoors in Southern California, even the ones which just show up in
somebody's yard. i would have to say that of all my childhood plant
growing experiences, avocados were the least joyful.
hermine