Old 12-06-2003, 12:20 AM
Dave Fouchey

Default sickly looking habanero

On Wed, 11 Jun 2003 18:58:18 -0400, --- Bill --- wrote:

Gary Flynn wrote:
MOO112 wrote:

More info: this evening I discovered that about 500 or so ants have
moved into the habenero pot. This is probably not the ideal situation.
Is it time for a good old fashioned re-pot?

I think its time to get a new plant.

As per a previous post I don't like "old" hab plants so I'd tend to do
away with it unless its actually performing.

If it is that sickly I too would chuck it and start over.

However, here in PR where we are plagued with fire ants, a bit of
pancake syrup+boric acid mix nearby or even on the pot soil will usually
take care of the ant farm within a few days.
-Bill

Oh if only that worked in the yard.......

Dave
Dave Fouchey, WA4EMR
http://photos.yahoo.com/davefouchey
Southeastern Lower Michigan