Old 12-06-2003, 02:20 AM

Default ping ingrid

bacterial gill rot with algae and fungus growing on the fish. peroxide dip 1 part
peroxide, 9 parts water 10 second dip. antibiotic injections would be best, but
kanamycin or gentamycin in the water and in the food. if you have a scope, so scrape
to see if the slime coat is building up from parasites. otherwise, pink gills is
not good, dont overdo any other meds in teh water. excellent aeration and keep em
cool. isnt good prognosis. Ingrid

John Rutz wrote:

give me an idea here we found a 6 in baby from last years Koi spawn
with what looked like green ich on him
when we neted him it all came off
I gave him a salt dip and now hes in an isolation tank with .2% salt

Im wondering maybe he just had algae stuck to his slime coat I dont see
any other fish that have the green stuff onn them

any clue what im dealing with?