Old 12-06-2003, 04:32 AM
Jack1000

Default keeping pests from cantaloupe and tomatoes

Thanks for the reminder! I had initially thought I might be able to plant
them in planters (can you tell I'm a gardening neophyte?) but have been told
otherwise. They'll be the only thing in the ground, though, so there will
be plenty of room for them to grow (I only have two plants, and they were
the last two in stock!).

The first time I grew cantaloupes I had no Idea they grew on a long vine, So I
stuck them in the corners of my garden and as they grew I had no place for them
to go so I trained them along twine I strung to my fences criss crossing my
yard. It was like I had double decker garden that year. It was strange to see
the human head size cantaloupes hanging all around.

Good luck. I hope they come out sweet

Jack