Old 12-06-2003, 06:56 AM
brianb

Default Fescue in Mid-South GA?

animaux wrote in message . ..
On Wed, 11 Jun 2003 16:10:26 -0700, Tom Jaszewski
wrote:

On Wed, 11 Jun 2003 20:51:08 GMT, (Harry
Boswell) wrote:

The heat is just too much for it.

wow does it get to 108F in May? it does here and it doesn't get burned
by heat. July 115F and mine is still green.

What kind of fescue do you use? Around here in Texas it is literally spent by
now or at the latest, July. I've tried several times keeping it alive, but the
water it needed was not worth it. Maybe you are using a newer developed fescue?

It would help it y'all would say where you're from!

I've heard the thing that kills fescue is not only the daytime heat
but the high nighttime temperatures. Around here it can be 72 degrees
at night for a week at a time in the summer.

What part of Miss? Gulf coast or more north? I think the Gulf is
more humid, maybe I'm wrong.

What part of the country are you in where it is 105 degrees? What is
it like at night?