Old 12-06-2003, 09:20 AM
Kay Easton

Default mega slug indoors

In article , SusieThompson
writes
We've just found a six inch long leopard slug wandering over our living
room floor. The only way, we think, that it could have got so far into
the house was up through the floorboards! At least it was heading for
the kitchen door and out into the garden. Keith picked it up in a bit
of kitchen roll (yuck), and popped it out onto the far side of the
garden, well away from our plants. Is this a record for a slug found
indoors?

I used to live in a Victorian cottage built into the hillside. The
lowest floor opened on to the garden, but its back wall was into the
hillside, and a layer of plaster applied directly to the cut away soil.
The floor was of bricks laid directly on the earth. (This was our living
room and kitchen, btw). You can imagine how many invertebrate visitors
we use to have!
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page: