Old 12-06-2003, 02:20 PM
Doug Kanter

Default Sowbugs!?

"Buzzy" wrote in message
.. .
Doug Kanter wrote:

"paghat" wrote in message
news

But things can go awry. Here's an article on sowbug & earwig
garden damage vs benefit, & as you indicate harmfulness is rare, but by

no
means impossible:

So, Buzzy has somehow offended the garden spirits, in other words. This

may
call for bourbon and deep thought.

Well, I just came in from checking and again, I found one marigold
seedling (one that I had missed last night) with 12 sowbugs eating
feverishly. All of the other that I had hit last night were free of the
critters. As far as decomposed materials for them to munch on, I always
spread my compost around the garden, so there should be lots of goodies
for them. Maybe I just grow some damn good seedlings!!

Buzzy

That's strange. Most marigolds have such a weird smell to their "blood" that
critters won't mess with them. What variety are you growing? Do you still
have any of the name tags, or the seed packet?