Old 12-06-2003, 04:20 PM
Cass

Default Starting a new climbing rosebush

In article , Rose
wrote:

I hope someone here can help me. We have, in the family, an
80-year-old climbing rosebush that my grandfather had started. I've
tried several times, using various methods in books, to get new plants
started from it but I can't seem to get them to root. Does anyone
have a method that would work for a "non-gardener"?

Many thanks in advance.

Rose (yes, that really is my name :-)

What part of the country are you in, Rose? And what does this rose look
like?

There are a number of ways to convince a rose to propagate, from taking
cuttings in all different seasons (spring, late summer, mid-winter),
rooting in different media (sand, garden soil, oasis), or even digging
up a sucker with roots, effectively dividing up the rose.

Give us an idea of what we're working with, and we can give you some
suggestions.

--
-=-
Cass