Old 12-06-2003, 04:44 PM
John Rutz

Default Floating Clumps of Flourescent Green Algae

Lee Brouillet wrote:
John, I replied to GD's response in more detail, but I can't do
anything about the phospates because they're adding it to my damn
water source! Copper sulfate/chelated copper: how do I achieve the 1
pppm?

Lee

"John Rutz" wrote in message

when rod gave me the dose we figured muy pond to be 5000 gal and used 3
1/12 lb cans over a three day period working it out I came up with
roughly 1/2 lb per 100 gallons

this won't suposedly hurt your plants but be very carefull with it and
be prepared to do a major water change when your done

Carol dumped a couple cans in my pond because she thought the pyloalgae
i had (green) was looking dark woke up next am to a brown pond as it
killed all the algae and caused a 02 crash
thank god for all the aeriation I have

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico

good judgement comes from bad experience, and that comes from bad
judgement

see my pond at:

http://www.fuerjefe.com