Old 12-06-2003, 05:56 PM

Default Koi Food Survey

Not sure which Ogata she is selling. She said the pellets were large. Compare it to
Mizuri.
there are at least 3 different Ogata foods
Ogata Performance
???
Ogata Special Regular
White fish meal, wheat germ meal, krill meal, Soya bean mill, Alfalfa meal, yeast,
garlic, ox bile powder, chitin (Chitosan), vitamins, stabilized vitamin C, minerals,
powdered milk, etc...
Guaranteed Analysis
Crude Protein Min. 36%
Crude Fat Min. 3%
Crude Fiber Max. 5%
Ash Max. 12%
Moisture Max. 9%
Ingredients
Ogata Regular
White fish meal, wheat germ meal, krill meal, Soya bean mill, Alfalfa meal, yeast,
garlic, ox bile powder, chitin (Chitosan), vitamins, stabilized vitamin C, minerals,
powdered milk, etc...
Guaranteed Analysis
Crude Protein Min. 38%
Crude Fat Min. 3%
Crude Fiber Max. 6%
Ash Max. 12%
Moisture Max. 9%
-----------------------------------
Here is the Mizuri
Guaranteed Analysis
Crude protein not less than 36.0%
Crude fat not less than 3.0%
Crude fiber not more than 6.0%
Phosphorus not less than 0.90%
Ash not more than 9.0%
Vitamin E not less than 110 IU/kg
Vitamin C not less than 2000 ppm
Ingredients
Dehulled soybean meal, ground corn, fish meal, corn gluten meal, wheat middlings,
wheat germ, calcium carbonate, dehydrated alfalfa meal, salt,
L-ascorbyl-2-polyphosphate (source of vitamin C), brewers dried yeast, spirulina
algae meal, betaine, dicalcium phosphate, biotin, tagetes extract, choline chloride,
vitamin A acetate, canthaxanthin, d-alpha tocopheryl acetate (source of natural
vitamin E), cholecalciferol (source of vitamin D3), calcium pantothenate, pyridoxine
hydrochloride, cyanocobalamin (source of vitamin B12), menadione dimethylpyrimidinol
bisulfite (source of vitamin K), ethoxyquin (a preservative), thiamin mononitrate,
nicotinic acid, folic acid, riboflavin, DL-methionine, manganous oxide, zinc oxide,
ferrous carbonate, copper sulfate, zinc sulfate, calcium iodate, cobalt carbonate,
sodium selenite.

zookeeper wrote:

wrote:
I get Ogata from Jo Ann.
1-251-649-4790
white fish meal, krill, spirulina, wheat germ soy bean alfalfa, yeast garlic vitamins
38% protein
5.50 per lb, 110 bucks for 33 pound bag ...

I looked at Ogata, but the list of ingredients I saw had wheat germ as
the second ingredient and soy bean meal as the fourth ingredient (White
fish meal, wheat germ meal, krill meal, Soya bean mill, Alfalfa meal,
yeast, garlic, ox bile powder, chitin (Chitosan), vitamins, etc). I had
previously read that it's best to use feed where fish / shrimp / protein
comprise the first 3-4 ingredients. See, this is exactly the kind of
thing that confuses me. :-/