Old 12-06-2003, 07:32 PM
Chelsea Christenson

Default Transplanting Irises

Nanceemo wrote:

Hi! Please forgive a lurker's abrupt intrusion. : ) A friend is coming over
today and wants to dig up some of my overgrown irises and give them a new home.
Is it safe to do that in a desert climate with the heat of summer just upon
us? I moved some this spring, and I'm not sure they're going to come back.

Clearly not the best conditions, but irises tend to be tough plants. What you
might see is they could take a year or two off blooming to recuperate from the
stress. A little extra water and attention would be nice.